Zhuwao dies after mistaking pesticide with cough syrup

Tinashe Zisengwe

A Goromonzi man recently died after he allegedly consumed a deadly pesticide which he had mistaken for a cough syrup.

Mashonaland East Police Spokesperson Assistant Inspector Tendai Mwanza confirmed the incident to the press.

Ass Insp Mwanza said David Zhuwao of Zimbiru village under chief Chinhamora in Goromonzi left home for Domboshava Mountain when he met a fellow villager whom he allegedly told that he had consumed some pesticides thinking it was a cough syrup.

Two days later David’s body was found lying dead near the mountain by two villagers who were fetching fire wood.

They then informed his blood brother Lovemore who then made a police report.

The body was taken to Makumbe Mortuary for post mortem.