Children perish in xmas inferno, family survivors in critical condition
Epworth Harare: 2 five-year old children were burnt and killed by petrol fire while 4 older people from same family suffered serious burns after a fuel accident at home yesterday on Christmas.
The survivors are in critical condition at Parirenyatwa Hospital
The accident happened in Epworth.
According to reports, the affected family experienced the terrible accident as they gathered top celebrate Christmas.
A fire for cooking had been lit inside the house and outside was a gas stove, generator and three vehicles including a kombi with two drums of fuel.
As they tried to fill the generator with fuel from one of the containers, the fire broke out killing the children who were sitting on the veranda and injuring the adults.
All the three vehicles were also burnt.
Zimbabwe police has since confirmed the accident and advised members of the public not to store petroleum gas in unsecure places.